We (us Goths) are viewed as people who look for every opportunity to commit suicide or participate in a school shooting. This needs to stop. We are probably the most thoughtful and intelligent subculture in the world. We have nothing to gain from suicide or homicide. Life is too short to be spent doing idiotic things. Don't let someone else dictate what you do or how you think because all they know about is a stereotype. Kick them hard in the shins, then offer them tea. At least, that's what I'd do. I understand that many people suffer from depression. Some more than others. But they should be surrounded with love and things that make them happy, no matter how they are dressed.
Life gets better than it is right now. But it doesn't happen if we just sit there. I encourage everyone to try religion. I, personally, am a devout Christian, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Spirituality is a beautiful thing that gives purpose to a life.
Here's a To-Do list that I'm giving you if you feel depressed:
- Bake something. No joke. Sugar and carbohydrates boost moods
- Create something. Anything. Paint, draw, write, sew, sculpt, plant. It will give you a sense of success.
- Laugh. Yup, cliche. But it works.
- Physical activity. Hula hoop, jog, bike. Everything works.
- Be around animals. They are said to lower depression, and they are some of the best friends on the planet.